Thursday 25 March 2010

Ch-ch-changes....

I had my first moment of looking at Ruby tonight and wondering where my little baby girl has gone. This past week has all been about moving and milestones! The tentative yoga pose which showed the potential for a crawl is now a proper crawl. You can't deny that she has finally cracked it. This became apparent today when she crawled about five foot across my living room floor to get at the wires of my laptop. And she managed it on hands and knees in about 5 seconds flat! She is flinging herself about with abandon, then pushing herself easilly into a sitting position until she flings herself back into the crawling pose to continue her travels. The 'flinging' thing has meant two badly bumped head moments in the last week alone. You know, the kind where no amount of diversion and cheering will distract from the fact that it really bloody hurt. Cue dramatic crying and screaming.

I also have made a mental note to drop her cot down to the lowest notch over the weekend. On putting her down for a nap today, all was quiet so I left her for ten minutes, then went to check she really was asleep. And found her sat up in her cot playing with her teddies. On seeing me, she smiled sweetly and pulled herslef up to a standing position on the cot side. I felt a mixture of pride at her first solo standing, and dread about the danger she will soon be getting herself in. Cue more head bumping and dramatic crying and screaming.

I can see the beginnings of my little baby girl becoming a toddler. She is on the move, babbling away to herself, developing her sense of humour and even waving in response to us waving at her. It makes me feel a little sad, but excited about seeing her grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment